This presentation aims to increase understanding of plant-based diets. In particular, it will help identify nutritional concerns and increase confidence in offering practical dietary solutions to overcome these.
There are 2 presenters:
- Heather Russell RD, Dietitian for The Vegan Society, who will focus particularly on vegan diets
- Dr Sarah Bath RD, Lecturer in Public Health Nutrition at the University of Surrey, who will share the very latest on the need for iodine.
After this session you will be able to:
- Define a plant-based diet
- Identify the nutritional concerns when eating a plant-based diet
- Offer practical solutions to overcome any nutritional concerns
- Discuss resources available to healthcare professionals when offering dietary advice to those eating a plant-based diet.
Not-to-be-missed, it is evidence based, fully referenced and will be of interest to any Health Professional interested in plant-based diets.
Heather Russell, Dietitian, The Vegan Society
Dr Sarah Bath RD, Lecturer, Public Health Nutrition at the University of Surrey